Monday, April 4, 2011

Color Rotation - Purple




Dress: New York & Co. via Ross
Earrings: Turkey
Sunnies: Puerto Rico
Beach: San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua

I think I'm going to make this my last color rotation post, just because I've lost track of what I've posted, what I've photographed, and what I've blogged. I'm lame like that.


Anyway, this is purple. When I was fourteen, I wore purple almost everyday, and then my mom said, "I'm not going to buy you any more purple stuff." I think she was afraid I was going through a Prince stage or something - funny because I've never really liked Prince (Sorry). Anyway, after that, I kind of didn't really like purple for a long time and I avoided it. Clearly, I'm less avoidy now, but I don't have a whole lot of it.


Anyway, we spent the past weekend in Nicaragua renewing our Costa Rican visas. Basically, we need to leave the country for forty-eight hours every three months. Some people might consider this an inconvenience, but I have to say that I NEEDED the weekend off - for real off, not off like, I just have one meeting this weekend! Yay! No, this was like, no cooking, no alarm clocks, no being far from the beach off.


I did a whole lot of this (three books in a single weekend, y'all!), a lot of swimming, and a lot of tanning (yell at me; I know better). I ate well, I walked on the beach with B, and I relaxed more than I have in a long, long time. It was nice. Really nice.

12 comments:

  1. que precioso lugar, espero que te la hallas pasado super, me encanta el morado aunque menos que el rosado. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the picture of you leaning back in the sand, showing off your tattoo! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it does look like a nice place .... I love the fact that it does not seem crowded but that you have the entire beach to yourselves...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is interesting that you have to leave for a weekend... is that common? what is the reason for it?

    Anyway, a mini vaca sounds nice, especially one on the beach!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the photos of you leaping on the beach and going barefoot. I have months to go in that department. The purple is really beautiful on you. My obsession with grey is the entire reason I began my blog...to get over it. Wish I was required to go away for 2 days ever 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Preciosas las fotos! Que hermoso lugar!
    Que libros leiste?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lyddie - We have to leave to renew our visas, which are only good for three months. After that, we leave for two nights and our visas are renewed again.
    @Mel Nada muy edificante ni educativo. Sólo los libros que tenía de gratis en el Kindle. Leí "Sweet Baklava", "Spoilt", y "When You Went Away". El último es el único que recomiendo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purple is a fabulous color on you!

    You're not lame; you're busy. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, I'm so glad and I know you needed that break and relaxation.

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, looks like fun! Thanks for the birthday wishes!
    besos,lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom would make a similar comment with me and red. I wish it was purple. That's my favorite color.

    Sorry it was so hard to keep track of what day you were on and what you photographed. at least you got some documented.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Purple is a fabulous color on you!

    You're not lame; you're busy. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, I'm so glad and I know you needed that break and relaxation.

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it does look like a nice place .... I love the fact that it does not seem crowded but that you have the entire beach to yourselves...

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.