Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lots going on


Top: Apt. 9 via Kohl's
Skirt: Target
Booties: Aldo
Earrings: ???

I. Love. This. Look. I thought it might be too much, but I was going to a quinceaƱera and I figured that this was the occasion to go all out. So, studs on my shoulders, booties, and leopard print it is.


It felt so rock star, y'all. The purple eyeshadow helped, I think.


The eyeshadow or the exposed zipper. Can I also confess that the zipper is why I even got this shirt? I'm not usually into exposed zippers, but it just seemed to WORK on this top and I fell in love with that little detail.


So, yeah, I wore this to a small-town quince. And the whole town was there. And most people wondered who the girl dancing with the tall gringo was. The tall gringo was B, just for the record, and they were also probably wondering who invited the gringo, too.


And this outfit reminded me of how much more confident I feel about unorthodox outfit choices. Because, honestly, there's a lot going on here, especially in this rural, traditional environment. But you know why I think it works? Because I feel amazingly confident in it and I love it.

8 comments:

  1. jajajaja yeah, I'm sure they thought that, did they look at you like you were an Alien (not as in undocumented "alien" <--hate that word) I ask because my sis is married to a tall gringo and whenever they go to Mexico everyone stares at them jejeje, te ves muy guapa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smile is simply gorgeous and you're right, you ARE rocking this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were probably wondering who invited YOU....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL i love ben's comment! you looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your skirt ! and your blog too ^^

    Kisses from France

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this outfit. you look so beautiful and FIERCE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this outfit. you look so beautiful and FIERCE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. jajajaja yeah, I'm sure they thought that, did they look at you like you were an Alien (not as in undocumented "alien" <--hate that word) I ask because my sis is married to a tall gringo and whenever they go to Mexico everyone stares at them jejeje, te ves muy guapa!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.