Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Awkward pictures day


Top: Zara
Skirt: Ann Taylor
Belt: Banana Republic
Booties: Aldo
Earrings: Target

Today was apparently awkward pictures day around here. I blame the pouring rain. True story: if I don't get pictures at seven in the morning, by the time I finish the school day, sit through a meeting, and eat, it will be raining - not just raining, pouring.


Also, it'll be so cold that I'll just stand around awkwardly and shiver. (I can just hear Tyra telling me that I need to pose through my cold - no one should know how cold I am! A model's job is to suffer for beauty! - Good thing I'm a teacher, then.)


BUT! I"m wearing a star shirt. And, if you didn't know, star shirts are second only to yellow shoes in the happiness factor. I got this shirt for my birthday at Zara, which in Costa Rica should be called the $60 store because EVERYTHING is $60. I was (a) depressed and (b) feeling guilty for how expensive the two items I wanted for my birthday were. B consoled me, though (it didn't take much) and I got this top and one other thing that will be revealed in due time.


Thanks for the birthday wishes, too, y'all. I won't lie - the past few months have been tough for me, both personally and professionally, and I am counting the days till I can have a vacation and see my family again. On the plus side, my birthday was good: time with my sweet husband, a movie date (complete with popcorn, because it's the little things), pizza, and a little shopping. It was a little taste of relaxation, and it was so nice.

And, because I promised more awkwardness:

That's me saying "It's so cold!"

4 comments:

  1. Even with the awkward photos that shirt is awesome. Agreed, clothing with stars on it is very high on the happiness scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ADORABLE! I'm so glad you had a good birthday despite the difficulties of the past few months. Things will get better!!!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  3. The third photo is just gorgeous...and I just so surprised to hear how chill the weather is being.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, well happy birthday, and i love your birthday shirt! star prints are truly the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.