Friday, November 4, 2011
Cardigan: J Crew
Skirt: J Crew
Tights: Simply Vera via Kohl's
Belt: Banana Republic
It's Friend Friday and I'm remembering to post, which means it's a big day. And it's November, which means I've spent the last four days writing frantically, just like I did last year. Real talk, I finally finished my first draft of last year's novel on the 31st of October. Mm hm. We'll see how this year's goes....
Anyway, this week's topic is books. I'm thinking I'll probably do a mix of what I've just read and some of my favorites. So, five books in no particular order:
1. On Fortune's Wheel by Cynthia Voigt - I read this about once a year and I love it. It's about an innkeeper's daughter who follows a young earl to the end of the earth. Except, you know, it's better than I make it sound.
2. Nefertiti: The Book of the Dead by Nick Drake - I just read this while on our mini vacation. A mystery set in ancient Egypt? Yes, please.
3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - This another of my all time favorites and it's a classic. I don't even know why I love it so much, I just do.
4. Edge of Grace by Christa Allan - This is one I read fairly recently, and, wow. A book that deals with deep faith and the things that can tear a family apart? Yeah, amazing.
5. Lady in the Mist by Laurie Alice Eakes - I'm about half way through this, and it's pure fluff. But I read a lot of fluff, especially if it's free on Kindle (hello, I'm poor) and that's fine.