Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Neutrals and pops

I've finally gotten a moment to breathe, y'all, which is good because breathing is important. We're in the midst of packing the house and I'm working extra hours at work. (Great idea, Frances! That'll be fun and low stress!) In the meantime, expect posting to be sparse and/or delayed.

So as I'm trying to catch up, let's start with last Friday's outfit.


All remixed except tee
Tee: Target
Cardigan: New York & Co.
Belt: Target
Jeans: some random store in Puerto Rico
Socks: Target
Boots: Target
Scarf: Turkey
Earrings: Turkey

I was wearing three shirts and two pairs of pants in this outfit, that's one layer of clothing that you can't see - a cami and a pair of leggings to up the warmth factor because it's crazy cold up this way. Have I mentioned I hate the cold?


I really like the combination of olive green and turquoise and the mixed neutrals. I love the navy blue of my socks with the cognac boots, the dark brown belt, and the black and white scarf. Lots of neutrals and then a couple of bright pops - that's about right for me, I think.


I took a cue from of Sydney of The Daybook and Elaine of Clothed Much and tucked my jeans into my socks before tucking them into my boots. I've done the sock tucking thing before, but this was the first time I'd tried it with knee socks. The verdict? I'm addicted. It's so much easier to tuck your jeans into your boots when they've been tucked into socks first.

15 comments:

  1. Frances I hope you are doing great and I hope that you are not stressed out (I would be!) Gosh girl how can you do all those things, work, pack, work more, you're amazing, just don't forget to het some rest, I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see how your style evolves when you are in Costa Rica! I'm going to misss you post while you don't blog, but I'll understand, take lots of pictures when you get there okay! I want to see what the streets look like, the houses, everything I'm so curious hehe okay now I'll let you pack. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooop I forgot to comment about your outfit, I love the pop of color from your cardigan and the scarf, you look great and although many times I have not been a fan of jean I really like this look on you. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always get the CUTEST cardigans from NY&Co. I seriously need to pay them a visit ASAP...

    When is the big move? Soon, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a philly person too. Love the blog! You have great style. Will you be blogging after your move?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turquoise sweater = love! I really like the idea of wearing such a fun tropical color in winter! It's so cute! And the layers, adorable~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, nice outfit, and the selection of colors is very nice.. greetings from Mexico

    www.lookslabmx.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turquoise and green is such wonderful color combination. And yeah, that sock trick is a good one. Jean bunching is no fun.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are wearing like 16 layers and still look cute and slim? Not like a pillow? Not fair! The leggings under the jeans is genius!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great look as usual! I got my great blouse. I can't wait to wear it!
    besos,lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your boots!
    Well, I hope it all goes well with packing, we moved from one apartment to another in the same city, 6 streets apart - it was not fun.
    I wanted to kill my husband and then kill the movers.
    I sure hope you have a smooth move.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the teal and olive mixed with all the neutrals! I couldn't tell that you were so bundled up :) I hope your move goes well...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great look as usual! I got my great blouse. I can't wait to wear it!
    besos,lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, nice outfit, and the selection of colors is very nice.. greetings from Mexico

    www.lookslabmx.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your boots!
    Well, I hope it all goes well with packing, we moved from one apartment to another in the same city, 6 streets apart - it was not fun.
    I wanted to kill my husband and then kill the movers.
    I sure hope you have a smooth move.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.