Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Inspired


Pants: New York & Co.
Top: Banana Republic
Cardigan: J Crew
Shoes: Naturalizer
Earrings: Turkey
Sunnies: Puerto Rico

Y'all, I've been having a hard time getting dressed for the past couple weeks. It's gotten to the point where I take a shower and then stand in front of the closet for the twenty minutes it takes B to shower. And then he STILL gets dressed before I do. Meanwhile I'm all standing there trying to figure out what I can do with a wardrobe that fits in two suitcases.


BUT! My mom brought me a few magazines when she came to visit. And so, on this particular morning, instead of staring at my closet waiting for my clothes to put themselves on me, I pulled out the May issue of Lucky and flipped through until I found my inspiration. Y'all - I totally had the necessary pieces to put this together!


The two suitcase wardrobe pulls through! And I'm dressed! This may not be the most flattering look - cropped pants, flats, a top that's a size too big - but I felt almost as if I were finding my way out of a rut.


Someone tell me I'm not the only one with this problem....

3 comments:

  1. I have been feeling in a rut latley with anything that isn't new so I am trying to find inspiration lots of different places. Love the yellow cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous. Love your inspired look. I wish I had a yellow cardigan.
    No Guilt Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fab doll. Ihave been looking for some good fashion magazines for days when i run out of ideas myself,wats the name of the ones your mommy got?

    hey! I am your latest follower. I am in love with the content on your bloggy. would you please come by my bloggy sometime? xoxo Nav

    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.