Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Leopard and B


Cardigan: Target (gift from my mom)
Top: New York & Co.
Belt: thrifted
Skirt: Ann Taylor
Boots: Nine West
Tights: Simply Vera via Kohl's
Earrings: Sarchí, Costa Rica

When Ashley over at A Fashion Fixation tweeted that Monday felt like a leopard print kinda day, I took note. And then I got lazy and gave B the job of styling me, based on leopard print, of course.


He vacillated a bit on the skirt, afraid that it was too "safe", but I told him monochromatic isn't totally safe, so it was cool. Then he decided I need a pop of color (he's learning, y'all!) so he added the green cardigan that my mom left behind for me. He also picked out the belt and boots. He thought about adding a scarf, but he decided it'd be too much.


I say this because this is a man who, when we first met, did NOT understand why I cared at all about my clothes. He didn't have the context for it and initially thought it was a purely shallow activity. We've had a lot of conversations about the cultural aspects of dress and style, and I think his perspective has changed considerably.


Not that he's putting a lot of thought into his own outfits as far as I can see, or that he's suddenly on the pattern mixing bandwagon, but he's definitely thinking more critically about it.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you are getting your man involved in styling your outfits! he did great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He may have picked the outfit, but YOU are rocking it! You both did a great job! :)

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the leopard!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.