Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Copy Cat


All remixed
Bolero: Ann Taylor
Tank: Target
Skirt: New York & Co.
Wedges: Candies via Kohl's
Belt: thrifted
Necklace: gift
Earrings: gift from sister-in-law

I love this outfit, y'all. Love it. It's a lot like this outfit from the 30 for 30 which I was a big fan of, but it's still pretty different.


The silhouette is almost exactly the same as the first iteration, and I echoed the leopard print from the belt with my leopard print wedges.


A long wooden necklace and a belt with a massive buckle gave me the edge I wanted.


And I love this belt. This buckle kicks. I have a serious weakness for massive belt buckles, but this is the only one I own at this point in my life. The belt is a little messed up, but it does the trick. Also, it's a man's belt, so it's a little big, but it mostly works.


And now a sad story:
I had some fabulous orange sunnies that I got at Target for $3.24. I loved them. And then I went to see Step Up 3D (don't judge) and got some 3D glasses. After the movie, we were supposed to recycle our glasses, but I'd already put them in my purse. So I opened my purse, pulled out a pair of glasses, and dropped them in. Dear orange sunnies, it's not that I don't love you, it's just that you felt so familiar and right in my hands. I still miss you....


These are my replacements. We're getting acquainted.



PS We leave for Turkey tomorrow morning, but rest assured, there are some scheduled posts, including my packing post and a post that I'm crazy, crazy excited about!

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you lost your sunglasses but, glad you found a super chic replacement :) Have fun in Turkey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your outfit...the colors are awesome...sorry about the sunnies:(
    Thanks for stopping by my blog....lets stay in touch:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The turquoise and blue look amazing together, and so do you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This combination is really cute.
    I am currently wondering if I have the pieces in the colors to pull this off.... we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this skirt! NY and CO has some serious wins when you can find them. Have a great time in Turkey!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this makes me want to try and wear my pencilly skirt with a tank and shrug. If I pull it off and photo it I will make sure to send you a shout out. Have fun in Turkey

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.