Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thrifted and gifted



I have been so busy this week, y'all. We've got something planned for every single evening this week. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, possibly Friday, and Saturday. And I picked up a little extra translation work in addition to my usual activities.... Busy girl. I am doing well with BBCA, though.


Tuesday - All remixed
Skirt: Ann Taylor
Shirt: thrifted
Booties: Aldo
Belt: thrifted
Earrings: Target

I felt a bit like a rock star in this. I'm pretty sure it's the plaid shirt with the booties. And the fact that my skirt is a little short - at least for me.


And I promise Kiku isn't growling at me - she's got a dog biscuit between her teeth. I love the touch of pink in this shirt and the softness of it. It's probably my all time favorite thrifting find.


And I think this is the outfit where I realize booties can work even for me.



Today I was considerably less inspired.

All remixed except scarf
Dress: Ann Taylor - gift from my sister
Scarf: Morocco - gift from my mom
Pumps: Nine West
Earrings: Turkey

What I do like about this is that I mixed red and pink. Which shouldn't work, but I kinda like it. It's a little unexpected.


Kiku clearly loves it.


The other thing that I love about this outfit is that it was made up of a couple of really great gifts from two of the women I most love. Do y'all think of the people who gave you things when you're wearing those pieces? I do, and that made me happy all day.

11 comments:

  1. You are such a sweetheart, I rarely get clothes from my sister but mi mamita does buy stuff for me and I really like that because she now knows how much I like vintage so she gets things for me. =D
    What do you call your mom? Yo ya estoy muy grande pero todabia le llamo mamita jeje
    Me encantan las botas y si mi hermana me viera que estoy revolviendo ingles y espanol yo creo que me ahorcaria pues le fastidia que revuelva los 2 idiomas! Para serte sincera me gusta mas hablar espanol. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo también le digo mamita, pero cuando e
    ra chiquita le decía mami. ¿Qué raro, no? Jejeje Prefiero hablar en español y escribir en inglés, no sé por qué. Cuando me enojo se me enredan los idiomas y los revuelvo. ¡A mi mamá le molesta TANTO cuando hago eso! jeje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I am doing the BBCA challenge as well. Beautiful outfit, I love the booties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those booties are so cute! And I love the flannel shirt. Seriously, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiku is so cute :) I think mixing pink and red is fun! I want to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plaid top is cute, and I am seriously loving those booties! They completely work!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the plaid....and those booties are adorable with this outfit...chic for sure!!!

    Stop by and say Hello ♥
    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first outfit is very trendy and I love it!

    http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. definitely rock star....love the booties with the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute booties.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute booties.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.