1. Most readers and fellow fashion bloggers value authenticity in the blogs they read. How would you describe blog/blogger authenticity?
Doing that thing you do online. Which to me basically means, if you're getting dressed for the blog and not for your life, it doesn't count. But I'm just going to go ahead an assume that most bloggers are not, in fact, running around naked, so in my book, they're authentic.
I have to say that defining authenticity is a little difficult, though. It's one of those things that you just recognize when you see it.
2. When it comes to your blog how do you infuse it with that true/authentic feeling?
I write like I talk. I include stuff about my life because it's a way to connect with people. Especially as I've been settling into my life here in Costa Rica, I've found that the little bits of life help to build that feeling. Hi, I'm a real person. I'm really moving my entire life to the mountains of Central America, changing my career path and trying to figure out what that means in terms of style. Also, this is why I haven't visited your blogs as often. The next time I have a day off I promise to spend most of it catching up on blogs.
(In life news, have I mentioned that B. and a friend built our bed frame today? We're moving in tomorrow!)
3. Have you stopped following a blog in the last three months? What made you lose interest?
Nope. Next question?
4. We can't communicate effectively on our blogs, something we don't live in real life... what are some ways you try to live an authentic life?
Authentic life? What does that even MEAN?! I live my life. It's my real life. I hate waking up early, I won't talk to anyone until I've brushed my teeth, and I can't wait for my hair to grow out just a little so I can do more stuff with it. Oh, and I'm living out of a suitcase right now, not earning a salary, and not shopping. Welcome to my authentic life.
5. Give a shout-out... Which bloggers do you think are truly genuine and why?
This question makes me feel like the worst part of high school. Does that make sense? That said, I will point out the five ladies I recently asked to guest post for me while I was starting to get settled here, and one additional blogger.
1. Shey of Modesty is Pretty - I feel like I know her - la considero una de mis amigas por Internet. :)
2. Danie of No Guilt Fashion - She was one of my early readers, and I love that she wears stuff that I can also afford (not now, of course, but when I got paid.)
3. Liz of lizzypunch - She's a student who totally reminds me of my younger self. (I'm getting old.)
4. Lydia from Chic on the Cheap - I dig her style, the way she shares little details about the things she likes, and the way she shares her shopping struggles.
5. Iris from 260 Days, No Repeats - Her style (and budget) are accessible. Plus, remember the time she made my header? Amazing!
6. Linda from the Auspicious Life - This woman is hilarious. That's all.
But you know, if you've got time, check out all the ladies in my blog roll. They're all worth checking out (I've got to update that sucker....).
So how about y'all? How do you define authenticity? Which bloggers do you consider to be authentic? What does "authentic life" mean anyway?!
For more thoughts on authenticity check out ModlyChic.