Monday, January 24, 2011

Wanna Be Style Blogger: M.

Happy Monday, y'all. I'm still buried under a backlog of outfit photos which will go up, you know, one day. When I'm not doing a million jobs. In the meantime, a facebook conversation and a few emails exchanged with one of my besties has inspired me to do a new feature, which I'm going to call
Wanna Be Style Blogger
I can't take credit for that name, it's actually the subject of the email she sent me - see why she's so wonderful?
Anyway, as a result of all the style blogs she's reading these days, mine included, M has been venturing out of her clothing comfort zone, and she wanted to share these adventures. In her words:
"I would just like to report to you that for the third day in a row I love my outfit....I also loved my outfit on Sunday which involved hot pink tights underneath black fishnetesque tights....Four outfits in one week that are exciting but involve things I already own?! It almost makes me want to start a style blog. But that might require me actually blogging."

So I thought, I could at least do one post for her. Y'all, meet M.


What I'm wearing:
Green and white tank: Old Navy
Blue tank: Old Navy
Cardigan: Target
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots: Avenue*
Necklace: I made it myself
Ring: Baze Designs



*Ladies with wide feet and or larger calves RUN to Avenue. Seriously. I've literally been looking for boots since sometime in November and these are the first pair that I've found that fit properly. I always seem to get an image in my head of something and then I can't find it in stores. I even looked online and figured that if Zappos can't help me no one can. And then, cue heavenly music, I went in to Avenue and got these boots for $11.11! Eleven. Dollars. I know! They had huge sales going on for boots and shoes.





You can find Baze Designs on Facebook as well. This is a girl from my church who is only a senior in high school and has started her own craft business! She makes really cool stuff. I thought she had an online shop but it appears she does not. You could probably contact her though and ask her about shipping things to you.



I made myself do my hair a different way (speaking of which I am 100% naturally curly now! woot.).



*****

Also, since she's one of my besties, I'd like to add that M has an adorable Etsy shop where she sells aprons and baby quilts (my niece loves hers), is an occasional blogger, and sings me old Chicago or Usher songs as the need arises. Pretty much amazing.


So now, here is where I need your help:
If you're also a Wanna Be Style Blogger, contact me via facebook, twitter, or send me an email at francesjsantiago [at] gmail [dot] com with your story and pictures. 
It's all the fun of fashion and style blogging with none of the commitment!

5 comments:

  1. Ack!!! What a fabulous new feature, I LOVE this!!! So fun.

    And she is just adorable. Good friends are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. M. has a fabulous sense of color! She should definitely be blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck starting a blog M!
    Stay stylish - loving your outfits is such a great feeling!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind comments! Any sense of color I have came from reading this blog and academichic. I owe it all to them. What Frances neglected to say, was that my original message to her included me thanking her for blogging about fashion. I find it inspirational......and that lead to me singing "You bring meaning to my life, you're the inspiraaaaaaaaation!". I hope that song got stuck in her head all day! Also since she linked to my neglected blog I went ahead and actually blogged something. Gasp. Just for you FrancesJoy. <3

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.