Friday, January 14, 2011

Guest Post: Skirting the issue with Lydia

Hey y'all! While I'm getting settled in Costa Rica, some of my favorite bloggers have been kind enough to share their thoughts and wisdom. I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do. For today's post: a hand made red skirt and the ever fashionable Lydia.

Hello friends of Frances Joy! I'm Lydia from Chic on the Cheap and I'm so excited to be guest posting for Frances Joy while she's making her move to Costa Rica!

Frances asked that I talk about one of my favorite pieces in my closet, and while I many that I love and rely on to get me through the week, the piece I'm choose is the little red skirt.

I'd been wishing for a red skirt for a while and decided one day to just make it myself. I didn't even use a pattern - just followed some simple instructions on creating a shirred waistband and hemmed it.

Since its creation, I realized just how starved for a red skirt I'd been. It goes with everything (I swear!) and if I ever had to pare down my closet for a big move, this would be the first thing in the suit case.

red skirt

Out for a walk

Grey skies

Don we now

What Lyddie Wears

Little fur

I hope Frances's move is going smoothly and stress free, and I can't wait to see some fabulous photos from Costa Rica!

2 comments:

  1. what a versatile piece the red skirt has proven to be. I too have been shopping one, without success...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a versatile piece the red skirt has proven to be. I too have been shopping one, without success...yet.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.