Monday, July 12, 2010
Belt: Ribbon from a shirt
Flip flops: Rainbow
Earrings: Thank you gift from Noble Town Vintage
I'm feeling a little "Meh" about this outfit. I was going to wear this tee with jeans, but I wasn't feeling the proportions and the shirt fits funny - fine on top, baggy in the waist, tight on my hips - and it was just too boring. Blah, blah, blah. So I pulled this skirt back out and wore pretty much the same thing I wore last Monday.
I might not be diggin' the whole look, but I do like the bow in the back, there, and the stripes on stripes are at least a little interesting....
Y'all, it's bad when you're a little bored with your 30x30 pieces this early in the game, isn't it? I mean, it could get really, really bad by outfit #22. I kind of wished I'd picked a few more funky pieces and fewer underused items. There's a reason why they're underused, right? Live and learn, I guess.
I went through about three outfits before settling on this. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for both my decisiveness and my hair.
(Yes, those are Twilight Saga books in the background - don't judge; I needed brain candy in grad school....)
Oh! I got a shout out yesterday from Shey of Modesty is Pretty and when I went over to her blog today, what is she wearing but a striped shirt and a full denim skirt! Maybe I'm already feeling better about today's outfit.
In honor of that, I will participate in her five facts:
1. In the past twelve months I have had four different addresses. That's a lot of moving.
2. I have lived in four countries, if you count Puerto Rico as a country, and I often do. On a related note, I have a serious case of wanderlust. I blame my father's military career for this love of travel.
3. I never leave home without a photo ID on me, in case I die. Morbid? Perhaps. Practical? Yes.
4. I am ridiculously afraid of and disgusted by worms. Snakes? Meh. Worms? Ugh!
5. My favorite store in the whole wide world is Target. Not even joking. I should be embarrassed by that, but I'm not. I can get pretty much anything I could need or want without having to go to the mall to deal with teenagers (too much like being at work, thanks).
Consider yourselves tagged.
Now, a random picture of Philly: