Monday, July 12, 2010

Meh aka Outfit #8

30 for 30 Banner


All remixed
Tee: Gap
Skirt: Target
Belt: Ribbon from a shirt
Flip flops: Rainbow
Earrings: Thank you gift from Noble Town Vintage

I'm feeling a little "Meh" about this outfit. I was going to wear this tee with jeans, but I wasn't feeling the proportions and the shirt fits funny - fine on top, baggy in the waist, tight on my hips - and it was just too boring. Blah, blah, blah. So I pulled this skirt back out and wore pretty much the same thing I wore last Monday.


I might not be diggin' the whole look, but I do like the bow in the back, there, and the stripes on stripes are at least a little interesting....


Y'all, it's bad when you're a little bored with your 30x30 pieces this early in the game, isn't it? I mean, it could get really, really bad by outfit #22. I kind of wished I'd picked a few more funky pieces and fewer underused items. There's a reason why they're underused, right? Live and learn, I guess.


I went through about three outfits before settling on this. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for both my decisiveness and my hair.
(Yes, those are Twilight Saga books in the background - don't judge; I needed brain candy in grad school....)



Oh! I got a shout out yesterday from Shey of Modesty is Pretty and when I went over to her blog today, what is she wearing but a striped shirt and a full denim skirt! Maybe I'm already feeling better about today's outfit.

In honor of that, I will participate in her five facts:

1. In the past twelve months I have had four different addresses. That's a lot of moving.

2. I have lived in four countries, if you count Puerto Rico as a country, and I often do. On a related note, I have a serious case of wanderlust. I blame my father's military career for this love of travel.

3. I never leave home without a photo ID on me, in case I die. Morbid? Perhaps. Practical? Yes.

4. I am ridiculously afraid of and disgusted by worms. Snakes? Meh. Worms? Ugh!

5. My favorite store in the whole wide world is Target. Not even joking. I should be embarrassed by that, but I'm not. I can get pretty much anything I could need or want without having to go to the mall to deal with teenagers (too much like being at work, thanks).


Consider yourselves tagged.

Now, a random picture of Philly:

7 comments:

  1. I am already bored with my clothes too. And I've missed a few days being sick. So it's pretty bad. I am in a wanderlusting stage too. It's time to getaway.

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Daisymay: Thanks! This skirt is becoming a favorite.

    @ Kayla: I'm hoping the boredom will be abated tomorrow - we'll see. As for the wanderlust, we're planning a trip in September, but somehow that's only making things a little worse right now. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I love this post, especially the facts, wow! that is a lot of moving! I've only been to one country (MX) and that's it.

    I admire you for working hard to wear only those 30 items, for me it has to be something much easier to do a challenge, I guess they's not challenge is they're easy huh? =) ANyways those facts are pretty interesting. =D and you are right great minds think alike ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this same skirt AND I put it in my remix too! I've worn it twice - I love it.

    http://all-aboutaj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Shey: Thanks! It's been quite challenging, but I guess that's why they call it a challenge. I desperately need to pare down my closet, so this should be a good thing for helping me figure out what stays and what goes.

    @ AJ: I've worn it twice now, too! Love this skirt! It's just too easy to reach for it - I guess part of the challenge will be to wear other things as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your outfit!! It has a really cute, retro feel to it, yknow? and 4 countries, wow! I've lived in the same place my entire life haha. Oh and I never leave the house without photo ID too but snakes are definitely more UGH than worms :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.