Wednesday, November 17, 2010
All remixed except socks
Tee: New York & Co.
Dress (worn as skirt): Ann Taylor
Scarf: Covered Ladies Design via Etsy
Knee Socks: Target
I love this outfit. I feel like a rockstar in it and yet it's the kind of thing I never would've worn before my days of reading style and fashion blogs. Let's count the things I wouldn't have done just a couple years ago, shall we?
1. Knee socks with boots. I've been seeing this all over the blogs these days (like here and here) and just had to try it. I kinda dig it and wish I had an additional pair of knee socks. Am I allowed to buy those during the 30x30?
2. Belts. Seriously, I just started wearing belts at about this time last year. I thought I couldn't wear them and they just made me look boxy. I know, right? I was clearly insane. Good thing I've moved on from those days.
3. Mixing neutrals. There are three shades of brown, a little black, and grey in my socks. It took me a long time to get to this point, but man, do I love mixing neutrals these days.
4. Scarves. This is appropriate because this is one of the first scarves I bought. It was super cheap from Etsy, and even though it's meant to cover my head, it works just as well for wrapping around my neck. I'm generally slow to jump on trends, and scarves were no exception. Of course, once I jumped on that bandwagon, I realized how much fun they can be - perfect for a pop of color or a little visual interest. Oh, and also good for keeping warm in cold offices.
5. Pattern mixing. I will admit that I am not a pro at this, not like other bloggers, but I am learning and learning to love it.
6. Admitting to a love for all things animal print. It's true. I love it and I've loved it for a long time, like before it was the print for fall. Now I can admit it proudly.
I will say that I've been wearing dresses as skirts since high school, so at least in that area, I was ahead of the game.
Check out the other remixers!