Tuesday, June 1, 2010

You've Got This Week - Day 1 - Ruffles


Fuchsia ruffled wrap dress: Banana Republic (remixed)
White cami: Petite Sophisticate (remixed)
Silver micro wedges: Nine West (remixed)
Turquoise and silver bracelet: Chaps (remixed)
Quartzy earrings: Kohl's (remixed)

Do y'all read 260 Days, No Repeats? Anyway, she's doing "You've Got This" week where you find all the spring trends in your own closet. I love that idea, so I jumped on board. Y'all should try it, too.

So today, I went with ruffles, and so did she. Great minds think alike, I guess.



I was originally going to wear a different set of ruffles, but it was hot and they were calling for thunderstorms, so I wanted exactly one piece. One. So I pulled out a dress.


Can I be honest? I used to LOVE fashion magazines, and it's not to say that I don't still enjoy thumbing through Lucky, but I don't do it. All that to say that if it weren't for all the bloggers out there, I'd never know what is "on trend for spring". And I find that I do know. Isn't that crazy? So if y'all are leading me astray, I'd never know.


This dress has been in my closet for about two years now. The color is fun and the wrap styling is classic. Also, apparently, ruffles are in style pretty much every spring. Yay, ruffles.


Also, how much do I love this bracelet? I can't even tell you.


What am I reading, you ask? The Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson.

2 comments:

Talk to me.