Wednesday, June 16, 2010

To a tee


Grey tee: J Crew (remixed)
Khaki skirt: Ann Taylor (remixed)
Zebra print belt: Target (remixed)
Stone bracelet: gift from mom (remixed)
Bubble hoops: gift from mom (remixed)
Blue peep toe wedges: Steve Madden Luxe via DSW (remixed)

I wore a tee-shirt to work today AND my earrings were crazy big: two dress code strikes. I was going to try to work in overly casual sandals, too, but the forecast was calling for rain and hail (!), so I went for some more substantial shoes.

The look on my face in the picture above shows how I feel about it being the last day with students. Oh yeah! I made it! Two more days to finish grades and clean up, and then I can enjoy some well-earned vacation.


This skirt is a bit big at the waist, so I cinched the belt tight and created a bit of a paper-bag waist effect. I don't know if it's the best look for me, but I was certainly more comfortable than when I pretend that the skirt actually fits and belt it more loosely.


The whole outfit was built around this simple tee, which I tried not to dress up too much with cardigans or jackets. Instead, I put on the simple skirt and the bright shoes. Overall, I think this is something that I'd be just as comfortable wearing over the weekend, though I am weird like that.


I don't really own a whole lot in the way of casual wear that's not totally summery. I think that's because I don't really work in the summers - I work summer camps or teach abroad. I'm reluctant to buy anything that won't also double as work wear, though; I'm trying to get as much use as possible out of my clothes. Is anyone else like that?

This is the end of my dress code breaking, though: we're authorized to wear "casual but appropriate attire" tomorrow.

Also, this Uruguay/South Africa game is killin' me. I won't say why in case y'all are watching later, but I'm ready for tomorrow's fĂștbol games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.