Wednesday, June 2, 2010

You've Got This Week - Day 2 - Wedges


Brown paper bag waist skirt: Ann Taylor (remixed)
Ruffly printed blouse: Ann Taylor (remixed)
Blue cami: Target (remixed)
Wooden bangles: gift from Mom (remixed)
Elephant earrings: Kohl's (remixed)
Red wedges: Nine West (remixed)

This is day two of "You've Got This" week and I'm revisiting the ruffles, and also workin' the wedges. Also, this skirt is pretty safari-inspired, so is that three trends in one outfit?


This week has been crazy for me, and it's been challenging to wear things that fit in with the trends. I guess being so intentional about the trends ties my brain in knots. I'm like my students that way - I know things until I have to know them. Bah. But I did it!


Ignore the fact that my shoes are a bit schmutzy. These wedges are fabulous. They are comfy, classic, and red. I won't wear much red clothing, but I will wear the heck out of red shoes. Go figure. I built the rest of the outfit around these adorable wedges. I've had them for ages. AGES! They're great.


What a day. I have seniors coming in to ask if they passed my class or if they'll have to go to summer school, underclassmen are anxious and ready for school to be out, everyone wants extra credit, and it's ninety-five degrees. Let's just say it's been high stress at work.... Also, I spilled water on my skirt shortly before taking these pictures which really cut down on the number of useable shots. *Sigh*

Happy Wednesday, y'all!



Can you spot the water stain? I'm graceful.

3 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! The top with the ruffles is super cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This top is one of my new favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit! The top with the ruffles is super cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.