Monday, August 2, 2010
Belt: came with a blazer
Wedges: Nine West
Scarf: J Crew
Oh baby, baby! It's outfit number 30, y'all! This is the official end to the challenge, and I kind of can't believe it's over.
Last night I dreamed about putting outfits together. I dreamed that I was standing in a giant walk in closet with all my clothes in it and I was picking things out with reckless abandon. And I was wearing my favorite red patterned wedges. Life was grand.
Y'all, I'm not even joking. That was actually what I dreamed about last night. That's how much I've been thinking about the end of my 30 for 30. In my defense, I was thinking about it because I started my volunteer work today and I needed something professional that wasn't my "interview" outfit.
I'm going to go ahead and tell myself that this outfit did the trick simply because there's a fancy scarf, a pencil skirt, and a pair of wedges involved. So what if I'm essentially wearing a pocket tee? I dressed it up.
But anyway, 30 for 30. Wow. I pulled it off, and while there were a few days that I hated everything I'd picked out, it turned out to be easier than I had expected.
Also, look what I got!
I got this award from the lovely Shey of Modesty is Pretty
And now I get to share seven things about myself:
1. I read in the shower. True story. I'm just that talented.
2. You have never met a person as terrible at small talk as I am. I loathe small talk and am crazy shy when I first meet people.
3. My parents didn't let me speak English in our house when I was growing up. We also weren't allowed to speak Spanish outside the house. The end result is that my sister and I are both bilingual.
4. I've written stories since I was five. I have all these notebooks with stories - some finished, some not - and I am too embarrassed to share them outside of the classroom. I'm ridiculous, I know.
5. B. and I are moving to Costa Rica in January. We're going to be working with the Association for Development through Education, which was started by a friend of ours from grad school, and we'll be there three years.
6. I'm a little worried about my style adjusting to life in the rain forest.
7. I am a little bit obsessed with the proper placement of accent marks in Spanish. I love accent marks, and I think they're beautiful.
As far as tagging, I'm going to go ahead and tag all the bloggers that comment over here. It really is such an amazing feeling to get the comments from all of you. It just makes my day, y'all!