Thursday, August 5, 2010

Undercover colors


All remixed except shirt
Shirt: Banana Republic
Skirt: Ann Taylor
Belt: Vintage (thrifted)
Shoes: SE Boutique via DSW
Necklace: Banana Republic
Bangles: Banana Republic
Earrings: gift from sister-in-law

So my mom got this shirt for me when I was down there visiting a few weeks ago, while I was still doing 30 for 30, so I've been patiently waiting to wear this.


I love this shirt, y'all. It's basically a fancy tee shirt, and these fancy tees are my favorite. I can wear them to work and I can wear them on the weekends, they're cozy and stylish, and they work with pretty much anything.


There's a little pleating detail on the sleeves. Do you see it? Love it!


There are actually a lot of colors going on here, but you can't really tell since there are just tiny touches of it. There's a navy belt, a terracotta top, yellow shoes, a green necklace, and the khaki skirt. I guess khaki doesn't really count as a color, huh? But yeah, that's a lot of color kind of hidden in my outfit.


I got a lot of compliments today on my shirt and my necklace, which was nice. One of the ladies at our Bible study told me that she couldn't stop looking at it, which is cool because I can't stop playing with it.


I love this necklace, y'all. I don't know what it is, I just know I got it at the Banana Republic outlet and it's green, which is my favorite color. It makes me happy.

10 comments:

  1. You are so gorgeous! Seriously! I love all the color in this outfit - so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is my favorite color too. :)

    This outfit looks just beautiful on you! I love, LOVE the orange (terracotta, excuse me) and yellow together.

    I am SO JEALOUS of those shoes. I have to find some yellow closed-toe shoes!!!

    This is a really fantastic combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty! I love all these happy colots together! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in that last picture looking at the camera. Always buy little trinkets that make you happy like that necklace b/c they are easier to store and cheaper to purchase than the big ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! I FELT really pretty in this outfit.

    @ Melissa - I own four pairs of yellow shoes - two closed-toe. Nine West usually has a good selection of bright shoes, if you're looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God you have a rainbow of shoes!! Is there a colour you don't own, Im so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all the colors are really working well together - I don't think I would have really noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. I love the color of the top and the yellow pumps are just great!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Chantele: I do have a lot of colorful shoes. :) I find I wear them more often than my brown shoes. I used to have a pair of black pumps, but they pretty much fell apart and I haven't replaced them, hence the rainbow of shoes. :)

    @ LyddieGal: I think I can only do lots of color in small doses like this. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that shirt, that one's gonna hafta go with us...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Chantele: I do have a lot of colorful shoes. :) I find I wear them more often than my brown shoes. I used to have a pair of black pumps, but they pretty much fell apart and I haven't replaced them, hence the rainbow of shoes. :)

    @ LyddieGal: I think I can only do lots of color in small doses like this. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.