Thursday, August 12, 2010

Business Casual


All remixed except shirt
Shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: Ann Taylor
Wedges: gift from parents
Bracelets; gifts
Earrings: Kohl's

This outfit was inspired by Kendi of Kendi Everyday. The last time I wore a men's shirt with a skirt (on Monday), Elaine of clothed much told me the outfit looked like something Kendi would wear. That was an accident, but this is on purpose.


I got this shirt about a year ago on clearance in the men's department at Old Navy for a whopping $6. I have no problem buying men's clothes for my own use, though I am glad that I am no longer wearing men's jeans the way I did in high school (don't ask - it was NOT a good look).


I like to think that I won't look back on these button up shirts and think, "WHAT was going through my head?!" That said, I'm not sure I'm totally sold on this outfit. I think the paper bag waist and the big shirt might be too much fabric where I don't want it, but I think I've got just the skirt to make this right at a later time.


Here's a detail shot of the waistband as promised. It's kind of subtly pleated. Also, did I just post a picture of my waist? Yipes!


I love these shoes and Kiku's thoughtful face. How cute is she?!


Flying puppy! Hehehe

10 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! Looks nice. :-) I like the "trouser" skirt and the red pumps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one adorable puppy face!

    I love the pop of red in the shoes.

    I agree with the combo of the shirt and skirt - maybe a more fitted top with that skirt, or a more fitted skirt with that shirt?

    Either way, you look professional, in charge, and sexy in this outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of Kiku and your shoes is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cute outfit and thanks for posting a close-up picture of the paper waist skirt! It looks great to me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh lovely.

    LOVE & HUGS
    minnja

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look AND your blog!

    http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies!

    @ Melissa: I'm definitely thinking I'm going to pair the shirt with a pencil skirt next time. I think it'll contain some of the volume without straying too far from this look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiku looks like she's about to bolt after something in the first photo!

    This is a really cute look, especially with the bright red peep-toes!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  9. The outfit gets a "10" from me!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.