Saturday, August 14, 2010

A day, an evening and a "who's that girl?"


Accessories and shoes are remixed
Shirt: Banana Republic
Skirt: Tulle
Shoes: Nine West
Earrings: Target
Bangle: Vietnam

This is what I wore to volunteer on Friday, and I think the whole thing cost me about $30. The skirt was $7 on sale. I'd never ordered anything from Tulle before, but I'd heard decent reviews online. Besides, it's hard to pass up a $7 skirt.


I'm still not sure how I feel about the top with this skirt, but I really wanted to wear both these pieces, so I did. It's a little bohemian and also out of my comfort zone. Overall I'm feeling a little "Meh" about it.

Friday night we went out for dinner with some friends who recently came back from five months in Nepal.

All remixed except tank
Tank: Banana Republic
Skirt: Target
Belt: Target
Shoes: Steve Madden
Earrings: Target
Bracelet: Vietnam

I've had this tank in my closet for three years, I think, and I've never worn it out. Why? Because I feel super exposed in it. And I did last night, but we were going out for the night, and B. convinced me it was a good look.


Y'all, we had the best. Meal. Ever. We went to Chifa, which I'd been wanting to try for a while. I saw it while we were on the mural tour for B.'s birthday, and I was like, "Chifa! I love comida chifa!" Chifa is a term for Peruvian Chinese food and it is DELICIOUS. This restaurant, however, is way more upscale than all the chifa places I've been to before. Also, um, Chef José Garces. Yeah, y'all: it's the second Iron Chef whose food I've tasted. I love my life!

Today, our former pastor (we went out with a church plant) got married.

All remixed
Dress: J Crew
Shoes: Steve Madden
Bangle: gift from uncle
Earrings: Target

This is the dress that I wear to weddings, apparently. I love it because it's so comfortable and it's got pockets, but it's still fancy enough to dress up or down.


This is my fancy hair. I've talked about how I don't really straighten my hair, but every once in a while, I get the urge to do something different with it. Today was one of those days. Weddings are one time when I can get behind some heat styling. So I gave myself some waves.


And then I looked in the mirror and didn't recognize myself.

At least I'll have my real hair back soon enough.

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love. All of these!

    First outfit: maybe try tucking in the skirt and belting. Honestly, though, I really love that top and I think it looks great with the skirt.

    Second outfit: you look HOT!!! That tank is awesome! It covers you where you need to be covered, you are not at all over-exposed, and yet it is also sexy as all get-out. You look awesome; own it.

    Third outfit: what a great wedding attendee dress! It's gorgeous and I love it with the pop of blue in the shoes.

    Glad you're having a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your outfits are super cute but, I especially love your wedding guest dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all!

    @ Melissa: I think I do need to try some tucking and belting with that shirt and skirt. We'll see, though.

    @ Iris: It's probably my favorite look from the whole weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.