Friday, August 27, 2010

Trés Nice


All remixed except shirt:
Shirt: vintage - thrifted and available here
Skirt: Ann Taylor
Belt: thrifted
Shoes: gift
Headband: F21
Earrings: Kohl's

So this outfit is a little matchy-matchy for my usual tastes, but I really like the way it came together. I've been trying to find a way to wear this top since I found it at the thrift store, but I couldn't quite seem to make it work because it's pretty stinkin' long. How did I never think to tuck it into a skirt before? Sometimes I'm a little dense.


This is pretty much the striped shirt of my dreams. The stripes are just right, I think, and I love the length of the sleeves. It feels pretty retro. I'll admit that the embroidery took some getting used to, but I'm kind of digging the tourist vibe it's giving.


Also, I'm in love with my hair today. I'd like y'all to know that I haven't washed it since Tuesday (though I did rinse it with conditioner yesterday), I've been using a new natural hair gel type thing, and I slept with my hair up last night. And then I let it loose this morning and I thought, "I've got some big hair goin' on. I love big hair." So I went with it. All day long I've been feeling like a woman from the south of France with Texas big hair, and I kind of love that feeling.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found the striped shirt of your dreams... I somehow have a feeling everyone in the world is on a quest for the perfect striped shirt. I know I am, even though that might offend the five already in my closet...

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shirt looks great tucked in. I like how loose it is paired with the more fitted skirt. Two thumbs up!
    noguiltfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fellow Philadelphian here. Love your blog and the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all!
    @ Lyddie - A good striped shirt is hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! This looks very nautical...which I'm a fan of!

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.