Tuesday, April 6, 2010

And here we go...

So I've been thinking about doing this for ages - probably since I started obsessively reading style blogs about a year ago - and I'm finally feeling brave enough to do it.

Here's the thing: I teach. High school Spanish. In the hood. No one is more judgmental when it comes to clothes than this particular demographic. Which means that I get to hear some hilarious comments on my outfits, sometimes good, sometimes less so. Sometimes those comments need to be shared with the world.

Also, I love clothes. I dream of being a personal shopper, a style consultant, whatever. Except, you know, in a saving the world kind of way. Personal shopping and styling as a form of economic and community development. I'm not joking.

Finally, I'm trying to push myself beyond what makes me comfortable. This blog is kind of a challenge to myself: be more creative, rock what you've got, be a little less shy. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.