Monday, April 26, 2010

Manic Monday


Black turtleneck: Express
Black cardigan: Kohl's (remixed)
Black and white houndstooth skirt: Banana Republic
Black textured tights: Banana Republic
Black pumps: Steve Madden (remixed)
Silver earrings: gift from B.

All my full-length pictures today turned out like crap; I don't know why.
Today was a cold, rainy Monday in Philly, and I wasn't feeling that great, so comfort was key.

I realize just how much black I wear - I've got to do something about that. This outfit isn't all that exciting, but there are a couple details that I think make this a bit interesting.
First, the subtle pattern-mixing:

I like the detail of the houndstooth skirt with the texture of the tights - are they micro-fishnets? I don't know.

Second: the high waist on the skirt:

I love high waist lines. I don't know if they're the most flattering on me, but I think they're fun.


These earrings are beautiful - lovely and delicate - and were a gift from B. He gave them to me on our way to Pittsburgh for a wedding, and I thought they were perfect for today.

Finally, the only thing that makes me feel okay about rainy days:

Zebra print umbrella: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.