Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ruffles and plaid


Navy cardigan: LOFT
Plaid ruffly flannel: New York & Co.
Brown cami: Petite Sophisticate
Aubergine cord pencil skirt: J Crew
Cognac boots: Target
Green earrings: Target

Ignore the weirdo face I'm making.
I decided I hated the cardigan as B. was taking my picture. The problem, of course, is that it's still stinkin' cold here, and my classroom seems to be even colder. So, here I am keeping warm.

I was determined not to wear black today, so I brought in a lot of non-black neutrals: beige, white, brown, and navy. Those boots are so comfortable - hard to believe for Target shoes - that I wore them all winter long.

Also, I am so in love with the ruffly flannel.

Look at that combo of hard and soft, elegant and rugged. LOVE!



That aubergine color is a pseudo-neutral in my book. If you catch it in the right light, it looks like it's brown, and other times, it looks like a nice, ripe eggplant. Lovely.


Here are my earrings, which I love. They've got that pretty design under the glossy green, and I do love green. These are actually the cheap-o earrings I wore for my sister's wedding, and I remember how pumped I was when I realized in the hotel room that they looked fabulous with my dress.

So, I had a pretty crappy morning at work. First there was the weird testing schedule with two proctoring sessions, then I got to my classroom and found that my computer wasn't working and that the box of half graded projects (complete with rubrics and peer grading sheets) had been tossed in the recycling - like, the school-wide paper recycling. Crap.
But, my kids were really cool about it, and I think I figured out a way to take care of the situation in a way that works for everyone, so by the time I got home, I was feeling more like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.