Friday, April 9, 2010

Back in Black


Black cardigan: Sonoma - Kohl's
Zebra print v-neck: Target
Black full skirt: Old Navy
Grey patent pumps: Steve Madden via DSW
Quartz-y earrings: Kohl's (remixed)

B. helped me take my pictures today, which meant I got to take pictures from a slightly different angle. Fancy. See how fancy?


That's me trying that celebrity pose where you cross one leg in front of the other, throw your shoulders back, and look miraculously more like Posh - er, Victoria Beckham. Something like that, anyway.

The temperature dropped last night while I was sleeping under the influence of Tylenol PM, and it was crazy hard for me to wake up this morning. I woke up late and was rushing through my morning routine, which meant I had to throw on one of my good old tried-and-true outfits (if I could fit in another cliché, I would). So the creativity may be lacking, but I love the elements of this outfit.

For one: the keyhole back on this shirt and its pretty little ties.

I usually tie it in a cute bow, but I was late this morning. Still cute, though. Also, have I mentioned I'm a sucker for an animal print?

And then there's the skirt:

I picked this skirt up at Old Navy for $6 (which, incidentally, is how much I paid for the shirt) and I'm so glad I did. I debated it a long time because of the satin waistband, which I thought was a touch too fancy, but it's proven to be quite versatile. The best thing about this skirt, though, are the pockets. You can't be too fancy when you've got your hands in your pockets, even with a satin waistband.

The shoes, with their neutral color and unexpected shine are another favorite. They go with everything without being too boring.



Overall, not bad for a rainy day at work.

2 comments:

  1. oh man if i started a fashion blog it would sound like this:
    jeans (old navy) rolled up to look like capris because my capris don't fit right now
    black mary janes (crocs)
    pink tank (old navy)
    black shirt (old navy)
    pink bracelets (yardsale)
    pink earrings (door prize at a craft show)

    and then everyone would flame me for a. wearing only old navy and b. wearing crocs

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You're hilarious. I'm not going to say anything about your crocs obsession because I feel like I've already said everything I could possibly say about your extensive collection of rubber gardening footwear. ;) At least they're not Uggs. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.