Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hectic

This week has been insane. We had a dinner last night and I had a three hour dentist's appointment tonight. Tomorrow, I'll work from 7:30 am to 8 pm. So basically, I haven't been home to blog. So here are my outfits from yesterday and today.


Blue and white floral blouse: Banana Republic Factory Store
Brown high waisted pencil skirt: New York & Co. (remixed)
Brown woven belt: Target
Nude pumps: Nine West (remixed)
Fake pearl earrings: Target
Dog jumping on my leg for attention: Kiku

I've been wanting some florals to work into my wardrobe this spring, and realized that I already have some florals in my wardrobe. Imagine that.


So I pulled out this old shirt, which, with its floral print and ruffles, is very on trend for the spring. Problem solved.


This is my 1940s hair. I've been experimenting with washing my hair less often (TMI?) and have managed to go about 60 hours. This was for the last stretch of unwashed hair. I started with dirty hair, put it in pin curls, went to sleep, took out the pins, shook it out, and pinned the sides back. I don't think I've quite mastered the pin curls, but I do like how they completely change the texture of my natural curl.


Lilac tie neck shell: Ann Taylor
Black full skirt: Old Navy (remixed)
Grey boyfriend cardigan: Banana Republic Factory Store
Zebra print belt: Target (remixed)
Grey patent pumps: Steve Madden (remixed)
Quartzy earrings: Kohl's (remixed)

Confession: I've never worn this top out before today. It's been languishing in my closet since this fall, and I don't know why, because it's gorgeous.
Also, my pose above makes me look like I have a headache. Ha!


See how pretty those ties are? And I love the combination of lilac and grey.


This, however, is my favorite detail from today's outfit: the wild zebra print with my super lady-like outfit. I think it works to toughen this up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.