Friday, April 16, 2010

Twofer

So, I still haven't gone to bed, which means it's not really Saturday - it's still FRIDAY, and I'm not a liar.

Here's your two for one special:

Thursday:


Brown paper bag waist skirt: Ann Taylor (remixed)
Printed ruffle blouse: Ann Taylor
Royal blue bolero: Ann Taylor
Gold headband: Forever 21
Elephant earrings: Kohl's (remixed)
Yellow bangle: Vietnam (remixed)
Brown beaded flats: Target

I didn't have a whole lot of time to put an outfit together, so I went with this Ann Taylor heavy outfit. Looking back, I wish I'd worn different shoes, because, although these are adorable, they do nothing for my legs and are frankly quite uncomfortable.


*Sigh* They really ARE adorable, though. Look at that beading!




Friday:

Black shirt dress: Target
Black boyfriend cardigan: Banana Republic Factory Store
Leopard print belt: Banana Republic Factory Store
Red pumps: Michael Shannon via Off Broadway Shoes
Stripey plastic bangle: gift from sister-in-law
Elephant earrings: Kohl's (remixed)

I wear a lot of black. A lot. I totally went for a jungle theme with what I call "the safari dress" by throwing on the leopard print, that stripey bangle that looks like a bengal (I am so clever!), and the elephant earrings. This belt is a little bit big to wear around my waist, so I felt kind of uncomfortable, but looking at the pictures, I love it.


The pictures made me realize that I looked pretty '40s. Something about the red lipstick, the collared dress, and the hair (which I just pinned back on the sides) make me think of that era.

Oh, and a quick note about that cardigan: I got it on clearance for $11 about three and a half years ago, and at this point my cost per wear must be down to about $0.00000001. I swear, I wear it ALL. THE. TIME. It's so fabulous because those dolman sleeves make it the perfect layering piece all year round.


That bangle was a gift which I received during my first Christmas celebration with B.'s family. I love the way it played with my leopard print belt. Big cats match with big cats, right? I think so.
The elephant earrings are my favorites. They're just so much FUN while still looking all grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.