Sunday, April 25, 2010

Urban Cowgirl and a View Inside our Shop


Vintage striped/floral dress: ? thrifted and listed on my etsy
Denim jacket: Banana Republic
Brown woven belt: Target (remixed)
Brown cowboy boots: Nine West
Quartzy earrings: Kohl's (remixed)

These boots are so old and worn. I love them, even though I did not wear them to work even once this winter - mostly because I teach in the hood and I didn't want to spend the entire day fielding questions from students about whether I have a horse. It's silly, I know, but it does get annoying.
They have gotten plenty of wear outside of work, from the fall straight through to the spring. I'm worried that they're on their last legs, though. The toes are scuffed and worn, the inside of the heel is breaking, and the actually heels are showing some major wear. *sigh*

They've served me well, these boots, even though everyone in my family hates them - parents, sister, husband - I still love 'em.


I really loved the juxtaposition of hard and soft in this outfit, and I feel like this denim jacket gets that combo right all on its own. The Peter Pan collar and the detailing at the yoke are adorably soft, while the denim and the pockets are a bit more rugged. I think it tied all my pieces together well when I wore it as a blazer as Sal of Already Pretty talked about the other day.

Also, this weekend, B. and I put a bit more time into our etsy shop, organizing our items and working on storage that doesn't involve simply folding things up and putting them on our futon. Our house is way too stinkin' big for us, so we've got two empty rooms in the back, the smaller of which has turned into our shop. We set up a clothes rack (Philly closets aren't deep enough to hold hangers, and that is not a lie), dragged Roxanne (whose name should always be pronounced as said by the Unconscious Argentine in Moulin Rouge) - our mannequin - in, and set up our shoes, accessories, and packing supplies. All of this while we were still high from our third sale (whoo-hoo!).
We're far from having everything put away the way we'd like it, but it's a start, and I think it looks pretty stinkin' adorable.



And another shot:


Alright, I'm going to work on some inventory so I can fill up that rack.

3 comments:

  1. I must try this look! I just bought some cowgirl boots at the thrift store and hadn't come up with an idea of how to wear them, love this look because it looks chic with a bit of country. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooooove my boots, and they work so well with flowy skits. Hope it works for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooooove my boots, and they work so well with flowy skits. Hope it works for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.