Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring in my step


Fuchsia wrap dress: Banana Republic Factory Store
Blue-violet cami: Target
Navy suede peep-toe pumps: Nine West
Yellow bangle: street vendor, Cua Lo Beach, Vietnam
Quartz-y earrings: Kohl's



These ruffles scream spring, to me, and so does this combo of fuchsia and blue-violet. I'm a woman who loves her neutrals, but this bright little combo made me happy this morning when nothing in my closet looked quite good enough.


See how happy it makes me? And I got nothing but nice comments from all my students, my coworkers, and my husband. Well, one of my students did tell me, "Miss, you should wear a lighter pink. That color is 'eck'." I, however, love this shade with my skin tone.


These earrings, along with my elephant earrings, are the real workhorses of my earring collection. They're not too flashy, not too demure, and really go with everything. The bracelet is one of those things that I don't trot out often. I find bracelets annoying when I'm writing on the board too much, but the rest of the outfit was so simple that I felt like I needed a little something. Besides, it reminds me of my summer in Vietnam, and all the days we spent on the beach. Seriously folks, if you enjoy traveling, Vietnam is amazing and if you play it right, just off the beaten path. Good food, cheap shopping, and friendly people: what's not to like?


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.