Thursday, May 27, 2010

The house dress goes to work


Vintage aqua dress: thrifted
Wooden bangle: gift from mom (remixed)
Yellow flats: SE Boutique (remixed)
Blue and green earrings: New York & Co.

Today's outfit is not terribly creative, but it fit the bill as far as what I needed for work today: comfortable, happy, easy, cool. Check, check, check, check. So off I went.


This was part of my haul on Saturday's trip to Bargain Thrift. There are some discolored spots, but I love the feathery print and the bright aqua color. Also, you can't even see those spots, can you? That's what I thought.
Besides, Kiku loves this dress.


So, this is basically a house dress. I was thinking about that as I went to work today, thinking it's just so casual to wear a house dress to work, but here's the thing about dresses: people generally think that wearing a dress = dressing up. Which is funny to me, because I put the least amount of effort into my clothing when I wear dresses. I mean, look at this outfit! I put on one article of clothing (complete with self belt), a pair of shoes, earrings, a bracelet, and I was out the door. I didn't even do my hair. Yes, y'all: this is bed head.


One of my coworkers told me she didn't know how I could wear so many dresses. But the thing is they're so. Stinkin'. Easy! How could I not?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.